Brickendon Grange Golf Club has a vacancy for an experienced and motivated Assistant Greenkeeper to join our highly skilled course maintenance team.
Brickendon Grange Golf Club is set within 160 acres of mature Hertfordshire countryside within a spectacular yet peaceful location. The course offers a superb golfing challenge for all standards of players. Our parkland course is rated as one of the finest in the south of England and our 17th hole (the Ace of Herts) was recently awarded the title of “the Finest Amateur Golf Hole in the UK”. Our superb greens have a reputation for being some of the truest anywhere.
The Greenkeeping team consists of five full-time, experienced greenkeepers, including a head greenkeeper, deputy, and first assistant. Over the past two years, significant investment has been made into greenkeeping machinery. The team has completed numerous course improvement projects including installation of new drainage, eco-bunker renovation program and landscaping and tree projects to improve the use and appearance of the course.
The role will include:
- Cutting tees, greens, surrounds, and fairways.
- Preparing and maintaining the golf course including aerating and applying top-dressing and fertiliser.
- Maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Course projects and renovations.
- Weekend work
- Some bank holiday work (paid at double time).
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- a hardworking attitude and an ability to work from their own initiative.
- a friendly and professional approach towards members, guests, and colleagues.
- the ability to work as part of a team, take instructions and carry out tasks to a high standard.
- a willingness to learn new skills and improve existing practices.
- a good understanding of safe working practices.
- a minimum 2-3 years of greenkeeping experience.
- a minimum qualification of NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
- PA1, PA2, and PA6 spraying certificates; and
- thorough knowledge in the use of modern greenkeeping equipment.
The Club will offer:
- Excellent working conditions.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- BIGGA Membership; and
- Further education and training opportunities.
We would ideally like someone to start on the 4th of April or sooner. Please send your CV with a covering letter via email to Lewis Mattholie (Head Greenkeeper)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£26,000.00 per year