PLEASE READ OUR SPEED OF PLAY POLICY
SPEED OF PLAY
At Brickendon Grange Golf Club we encourage all golfers to adopt the “ready golf” rules.
- Be ready to play when it’s your turn. If the next player is not ready, then play your shot.
- Mark your card when others are playing, not when it is your turn
- When trollies are in use try to leave them at the point at which you leave the green for the next tee.
- Try to talk and walk simultaneously and not when others are playing their shot!
- The rules of golf allow only three minutes to look for your ball which is not extended due to autumn/winter conditions
- Keep up with the group ahead, not just in front of the group behind.
- If your group begin to lose ground on the group ahead, point this out to your playing partners and try to catch up and, if you cannot, call the group behind through.
- Please be mindful that keeping up the pace of play is everyone’s responsibility in fairness to all golfers and in particular the group immediately behind you.
- Please order your food from the halfway hut when you are on the 7th tee, and it will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive at the 9th
The uncomfortable truth is that no one believes or is prepared to accept that they are a slow player – it is always someone else. Please take personal responsibility